Monday, May 19, 2008

A Not So Fun Carnival...

Raegan doing her clogging dance at Alpine Elementary School

Tonight Raegan had to dance at the Alpine Elementary School Carnival. So we decided since it's family night lets all go and watch her and then enjoy the carnival at the same time, sounds perfect right....WRONG!!!! As we were waiting for Raegan to finish dancing, Kalli took Sydney and Andrew to get a balloon animal. Well they waiting for quite along time and finally they got their animals. Sydney got a blue dog. Shortly after she got her dog it dropped on the ground and popped and scared her to death. Well she was extremely upset by this, so my wonderful mother decided to go and get her a new balloon dog. So when my mom gave Sydney the green dog she had made for her Sydney decided to cry, scream and have a major temper tantrum. She wanted a blue dog. Oh I was mad. I have very little patience when my children are ungrateful and rude. So I told Sydney to be happy about the green dog and thank grandma, well that was not happening, she continued to throw a major tantrum. So I took her hand and we walked back to the car and I told her she was done with the carnival and we would wait in the car for the others. Oh was she mad! So Sydney, Max and I went and sat in the car for one hour while the other children had a very nice time at the carnival with their dad. Well back in the car I couldn't help but take notes on what my lovely, hot headed five year old had to say...

"I am going to stay in this car untill my birthday,

I don't love anyone in our family not even Cinders (that is our dog)

I am never going to wear my seatbelt,

I am never going to church or school.

I am going to pop everyone's balloon-except mine,

I am going to break all of the windows in our car and climb out and go find STRANGERS.

If I have a bad day at school I'm no even gonna tell you about it,

I don't even like Tuesdays or Wednesdays or Thursdays!

I only like Cinders (the dog) and Rae Rae (Raegan) I don't like anyone else in our family. Oh and I like Kalli too.

I am going to AZ to live with Abby!

Next time I go to California Disney I am not even going to wear my seatbelt!"
Sydney being so TICKED off at me, waiting in the car for the rest of kids


Isn't she fun? Well I told her I loved her and that just made her more mad. Oh well, I just tried to ignore her and read the talk by Elder Ballard in the Ensign on how I'm a great mom. Someday she'll think that way too.

16 comments:

Sassy said...

OH MAN! I know those kind of days, they are rough ones...I love that you wrote her words down, because you think you won't forget, but you do. Trust me, you'll be glad you did, you can look back and have a good laugh and so will she. YOU ARE A GOOD MOM!

gibbez said...

We've all been there Cassie. Great job taking her to the car and recording the ranting. It's all good!!

Nikki said...

I am sorry you didn't have a fun time at the carnival, but I love all her comments. I couldn't help but laugh at them. It will be funny when you can look back at them.

melanie said...

That was a great story. I love to know that my kids are normal. Way to stick to it. That was the right thing to do, even though you had to suffer through it. I need to be more like you. Thanks for the laugh. Melanie

Doug & Robyn Ellis said...

Boy can I relate to your story. At least you maintained your composure! Depending on the kid, sometimes I find myself not handling it as gracefully as you did! Another reason you are such a great example to me!

The Cutchen Crew said...

Good to know I am in good company with all my kid issues lately it. I feel your pain. Got to love your 5 year old girls, I got one of my own. Thanks for sharing

Tara L. Stradling said...

I can't stop crying from laughing so hard! Good 'ole Sydney. Sure do love her!

CorLesMarBoPiKo said...

Boy can I relate to that story. It makes me happy that I'm not the only one. You are a lot more patient than I am.

Unknown said...

This is great. She's going to kill you for that picture one day....

stephanie said...

oh man, kids are so fun especially when they get stuck on something and cant change their minds, sounds like a fun carnival..lol! i love that you took notes of the kind words, you will be so happy you did that!

Andrea said...

I love Sydney! She can come to live in AZ with Abby.

bryndee said...

that is so halarious!


torie

Bren's Life said...

That is so funny! I am Andrea's friend & Bryndee told everyone to check this out.. I am so glad I am not the only one with children that are silly!!
Hope she had a good Wed.

Johnson said...

Okay, i think I just peed my pants. I love that she hates Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday! Boy she really showed you mom. I am glad that I am not the only one this happens too! I love those little rantings!!! (not actually when they are happening to me..but to other people) Too funny!

Stacey said...

I love Sydney. I can't believe she would choose to live with Andrea and not me. She sure in looking older. She's cute.

Alma said...

Sydney can come live with us anytime! Uncle Lance will buy her a blue balloon! He's a big pushover anyway! You're right, Sydney, your parents are mean! We love you Syd! :-) Ha-ha! That was hilarious!